Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Alana Gaither '15 - Nationwide Children's Hospital



Name: Alana Gaither
Class Year: 2015
Major: Public Relations
Hometown: Akron, Ohio
Internship Organization: Nationwide Children's Hospital, PR & Marketing Department
Location: Columbus, OH

Internship Responsibilities:
During my internship, I wrote and distributed five press releases which received coverage in print, radio, television and online media, facilitated interviews for physicians, patients and administration with local media, monitored media activity for the weekly update reports to the CEO, tracked daily incoming media requests for the media log and researched and developed a marketing plan for Cancer Awareness Month for an intern project.

What I Learned: 
It was a learning experience in itself being in a professional environment and I was ecstatic at how many responsibilities my advisers trusted me to complete. I gained a lot of confidence in my own writing skills and even with talking to professionals in the marketing, media and PR fields. 

No comments:

Post a Comment