Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Greg Moomaw '14 - Office of Admissions at Otterbein


Name: Greg Moomaw 
Class Year: 2014
Major: Sport Management with a Business Administration minor
Hometown: Sugarcreek, Ohio
Internship: Office of Admissions at Otterbein
Internship Site: Westerville, Ohio

Internship Responsibilities:
My primary and overarching responsibility as an intern for the Office of Admission here at Otterbein University was to be an ambassador for the University. I was the first contact for a lot of prospective students, and it was my ultimate duty to make a lasting and positive impression. I was in charge of planning and confirming a travel schedule for the fall and then executing it through high school visits and college fairs. I made multiple trips out of the state and to distant high schools which was a great opportunity to network and meet new people. Whilst being on the road, I also was in charge of maintaining a budget that covered expenses such as food, gas, hotel stays, and other purchases. It was my first experience managing a budget, and I was excited to learn the necessary skills. One of the other responsibilities I had was to help with our social media on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment