Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Caitlyn (Mattie) Boyd '16- FarmVet



Caitlin (Mattie) Boyd 
Class of 2016
Major: Biology
Minor: Environmental Studies
Hometown: Fairview, TN
Internship Organization: FarmVet
Location: Franklin, TN

Internship Responsibilities: My summer internship was with FarmVet based out of Franklin, TN. FarmVet is an equine pharmaceuticals, supplement and horse care company. Throughout my internship I worked in various departments within the company, one being a sales associate on a trailer that traveled to Virginia and Pennsylvania horse shows. I was required to learn about the products well enough to be able to educate and sell to customers. This was my favorite experience within my FarmVet internship, I was able to travel to places I have never been, meet new people/connections within the equine show circuit and learn about new products. 

What I Learned: The information and knowledge I gained about horse products will benefit me as a horse owner and throughout my horse showing career. Throughout my internship with FarmVet I was exposed to many learning opportunities and experiences that will benefit my future career and I look forward to the opportunities that lie ahead within FarmVet post-graduation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment