Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Ashley Junglas '16 - Ohio National Financial Services


Ashley Jungclas
Class of 2016
Major: Computer Science
Internship Site: Ohio National Financial Services
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Intern Responsibilities: As an intern, I worked with test automation to create programs that automatically ran testing of jobs for their Automated Work Distribution (AWD) Team. I also worked on a project for test automation so that regression testing would be a lot faster. Testing was taking weeks to months to accomplish because it was done by human testing, but test automation reduced the time down to 20 minutes. 

What I Learned: I learned a lot from this experience which included creating programs myself so that I could use them in my everyday life and help me with getting my work done faster. I plan on creating and executing more programs that will help my school work go faster as well as helping other people to get their work done faster. I want to make the programs accessible for everyone so that they can get through their work faster and more efficiently than they are now. I could see test automation being my first job as well as a giant step into the working world.

No comments:

Post a Comment