Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Adam Piccin '15 - Lewis Center Business Association


Name:  Adam Piccin
Class Year:  December 2015
Majors:  Public Relations and Health Communication
Internship Organization:  Lewis Center Business Association
Internship Location:  Lewis Center, Ohio

Photo: This is a screenshot of a news segment I was featured on for Good Day Columbus the morning of the LC Summer Bash & Fireworks. I was interviewed by CW Star and ABC 6/Fox News reporter Alissa Henry.

Intern Responsibilities:
I reached out to the Lewis Center Business Association (LCBA) to assist with the association’s premier July 4 event, the LC Summer Bash & Fireworks.  I met with LCBA executives and proposed a five-part business plan to increase event ticket sales by leading public relations and marketing efforts for the festival, fireworks and concert featuring bands New Hollow, Liberty Deep Down, and headliner, multi-platinum recording artist Gavin DeGraw. Once hired on, I recruited, hired and supervised a team of more than 10 interns to promote the event and executed set strategies and tactics. I delegated tasks to interns, monitored social media content and responses, worked band meet  greets, gained experience working with the media via interviews for news pieces and also on television live with Good Day Columbus. At the actual event, I assisted bands individually, utilized crisis communication techniques and oversaw interns.

What I Learned:
I learned more about management in general and my own personal managerial style. I also realized that entertainment public relations is definitely a field I am interested in pursuing after graduation. I had an absolute blast working for the LCBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment