Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Grace Lenehan '15--SiriusXM Radio, The Highway



Name: Grace Lenehan
Class: 2015
Major: Journalism and Media Communications
Hometown: Mansfield, OH
Internship: SiriusXM Radio The Highway
Location: Nashville, TN

Internship Responsibilities: One of my biggest responsibilities was gathering and submitting show prep of topics they could talk about each day. I also contributed to show ideas during the hours of the live show. Whenever an artist or guest came in for an interview or performance, I was the person in charge of writing a guest sheet of information for the interview. I was also in charge of managing listeners and guests in the studio. I also had the chance to do a few artist interviews, and brush up on my editing skills for those. 

What I Learned: My internship this past summer in Nashville was an experience that I wouldn't have traded for the world. I was able to get a taste of exactly what I want to do in my dream city.  I was the Morning Show Intern for SiriusXM's channel, The Highway. I got to work with the host, Storme Warren, and the producer, Brittany Goudie on the morning show. It was an unbelievable experience. I got to watch interviews with high profile artists every week, and I learned so much about the radio and music industry from just being in that environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment