Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Adam Piccin '16 - Columbus State Community College




Name: Adam Piccin
Class Year: 2016
Major: Public Relations
Hometown: Lewis Center, Ohio
Internship: Student Marketing Assistant
Internship Site: Columbus State Community College

Internship Responsibilities:
As a Student Marketing Assistant at Columbus State Community College for the summer, I completed a variety of exciting tasks that have helped me grow as a student and professional. I devised, launched, and then updated an Instagram account for the university of more than 30,000 students. Additionally, I planned events, advertising, and promotional items for CSCC's 50th anniversary, wrote copy for website blurbs and scholarship emails, took photos for Facebook and Instagram accounts, contacted students by phone and email for office needs, assisted with RSVPs for events, completed research on transient students, college contact forms, and promoting events, attended multiple CSCC video shoots as an "extra," and more. I truly enjoyed my experience working for the university in the Marketing and Communications Department.

What I Learned:
From interning at Columbus State, I learned a lot about marketing and public relations in the real world. I gained experience in writing, editing, creating and developing social media presence, communicating strategically to target audiences, planning for events and ceremonies, and executing conceptual plans from start to finish. This internship built a solid infrastructure for me to continue to grow and build upon, and I am very thankful to have had this opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment