Through this blog, we will spotlight Otterbein students who are engaging in internships and professional experiences in a variety of industries and geographic locations. We will also share tips and advice on searching for internships and making the most of internship experiences.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Sarah Colville '14 - Tres Bien Studios


Name: Sarah Colville
Year: 2014
Major: Music and Business with Management
Hometown: Brownsburg, Indiana
Internship: Tres Bien Studios
Location: Worthington, OH

Internship Responsibilities: 
While working with Tres Bien Studios, I did invoicing, I helped in finding venues, helped with fundraising, finding sponsors for donations and I got to help teach children about music.

What I learned: 
I’ve learned a lot about running your own business, and that there isn’t a set path once you get out of school, and you should just do what you love.

Advice about searching for an internship: 
Use your resources as soon as possible. It took me a while to actually come to the CCPD for help, and for a while I didn’t even know the CCPD was here, but I’ve gotten a lot of help from them since.

Advice on how to make the most of an internship experience: 
Go above and beyond what you’re asked, and present ideas to the people that you’re working with, and they will be grateful for that, and they’ll help you expand on your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment